Welcome to HVS MexHIC 2024
February 8, 2024
Camino Real Polanco México
On behalf of our HVS team, I hope that our industry friends and frequent attendees of HVS MexHIC are well.
The last year has presented a great deal of activity and positive gains for our industry. We have seen economic drivers in business markets advance and opportunities for further growth seem to be real, as the industrial sector of the country benefits from trends in nearshoring, among others. In the county’s more mature leisure markets, demand has continued to increase, and the appetite for further investment remains robust. Meanwhile, development efforts continue in up-and-coming markets that will gradually occupy a place in the institutional real estate investment arena.
Mexico’s hotel industry is fundamentally sound and offers opportunities for growth, but many challenges remain. High inflation and interest rates are a drag on the economy and very specifically on hotel development projects. Political uncertainty remains and may increase in relation to the 2024 electoral process. As we have often noted, in large measure, the hotel industry depends heavily on regional planning and public-private collaboration, so it is important to focus on management of key issues in different markets.
Through the different cycles, HVS has remained close to hotel chains, ownership groups, and financial institutions as they navigate change and position themselves for continued management of their portfolios. In this context, HVS MexHIC is committed to remaining the most important industry forum for consideration, discussion, and debate of elements that can lead to continued growth and that can aid industry professionals in the analysis of structural changes they will need to consider going forward.
Join us February 8, 2024 in Mexico City to cultivate strategies for your hotel and resort program. We remain available to discuss ways in which we may be of assistance in the analysis of your hotel and tourism projects.
Managing Director | HVS Mexico
- Regional and International Hotel and Resort Investors
- Hotel Chain Executives
- Bankers, Lenders, and Investment Fund Representatives
- Hotel, Resort, and other Hospitality Real Estate Developers
- Hotel and Tourism Industry Entrepreneurs
- Public and Private Hotel, Tourism, and Convention Agencies
- Architects, Planners, and Interior Designers of Hotel, Resort, and Mixed-Use Projects
- Individuals and Companies Seeking Investors for Proposed Hotel and/or Tourism Projects
- To obtain a comprehensive understanding of business opportunities in the region.
- To communicate directly with investors, banks, investment funds, and other project funding sources.
- To get first-hand information about projects and market conditions.
- To contact major market players, including investors, developers, international and regional hotel operators and franchisers, shared ownership companies, and other key players in hotel and tourism projects.
- To become acquainted with current market variables, the most successful experiences, and the mistakes to be avoided through presentations of top-level speakers.