Welcome to HVS MexHIC 2022
On behalf of our HVS team, I hope that our industry friends and frequent attendees of HVS MexHIC are well.
The last year has presented complex challenges for our industry. Hotel owners and operators were pressed to focus on safe conditions for their teams and guests. We saw a significant portions of Mexico’s economy come to a halt and, with it, the temporary shutdown of much of the country’s hotel inventory. We also observed the industry’s rapid reaction, creating conditions that might allow for property openings as local conditions allowed. And, of course, we remained close to hotel owners, investors and financial institutions as they evaluated measures that might lighten the financial burden of assets, thereby allowing a period of transition to the beginning of a recovery period that is gradually gaining strength.
In this context, HVS MexHIC is committed to remaining the most important industry forum for consideration, discussion and debate of elements that can lead to continued recovery and that can aid industry professionals in the analysis of structural changes they will need to consider going forward. As many of our frequent attendees are aware, HVS MexHIC is usually held in the early months of the year. In 2021, we were unable to hold our in-person conference. However, we hosted a Webinar in April and are preparing two important events, as follows:
- HVS MexHIC Webinar – Outlook and Trends in the Hotel Industry – Please join us for a Webinar to be held on September 23, 11:00 am to 1:30 pm CST. Attendance is free of charge, please register here.
- HVS MexHIC 2022 Conference – February 17, 2022. This will be an in-person event that we hope will allow attendees to reconnect. Stay tuned the coming weeks for more information. For now, please save the date!
We look forward to seeing you at both programmed events. We remain available to discuss ways in which we may be of assistance in the analysis of your hotel and tourism projects.
Managing Director | HVS Mexico
- Regional and International Hotel and Resort Investors
- Hotel Chain Executives
- Bankers, Lenders, and Investment Fund Representatives
- Hotel, Resort, and other Hospitality Real Estate Developers
- Hotel and Tourism Industry Entrepreneurs
- Public and Private Hotel, Tourism, and Convention Agencies
- Architects, Planners, and Interior Designers of Hotel, Resort, and Mixed-Use Projects
- Individuals and Companies Seeking Investors for Proposed Hotel and/or Tourism Projects
- To obtain a comprehensive understanding of business opportunities in the region.
- To communicate directly with investors, banks, investment funds, and other project funding sources.
- To get first-hand information about projects and market conditions.
- To contact major market players, including investors, developers, international and regional hotel operators and franchisers, shared ownership companies, and other key players in hotel and tourism projects.
- To become acquainted with current market variables, the most successful experiences, and the mistakes to be avoided through presentations of top-level speakers.